MODERN & CONTEMPORARY
Monday 7:00 – 8:00pm Judy Milner
Contemporary is a style of expressive dance that combines elements of several dance genres including modern, jazz, lyrical, and classical ballet. Contemporary dancers strive to connect the mind and the body through fluid dance movements.
- Fitted black dance/fitness attire
- Footwear at teacher’s discretion
- Hair up away from the face and neck in any style or ponytail.
Wednesday 6:30 – 7:30pm
Tap dance is a form of dance characterized by using the sounds of tap shoes striking the floor as a form of percussion. Two major variations on tap dance exists: Rhythm (jazz) tap and Broadway tap. Broadway tap focuses on dance; it is widely performed in musical theater.
- Any style black active wear and sneakers.
- Hair up.
- No jeans, sandals, or flats.
Hip Hop – Wednesday 5:30 – 6:30pm Elizabeth Insalaco
Urban Hip Hop – Wednesday 5:30 – 6:30pm Shannon Kennedy
Hip Hop dance refers to street dance styles primarily performed to upbeat music. It includes a wide range of styles.
- Any comfortable attire and sneakers
- No jeans, sandals, or flats